Work With Us
We have a vacancy in Suffolk for a Community Hearing Service Practitioner
Please contact Maria Waller - Service Manager 01473 286060
Suffolk Hearing Advisory Service
Community Hearing Services Practitioner
Reports to Service Manager
Hours per week: 22.5 hours
Hourly rate: £10.00/hour
General Scope of the Post:
The Hearing Advisory Service provides Community based services in Suffolk, Hertfordshire, West Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire.
Hearing is a vital part of communication and we make sure our services are geared to helping people manage theirs. We offer services such as drop-in centres, care home visits, lip-reading courses, social clubs, deaf awareness and Hearing Aid maintenance training courses, all of which are run by our team of friendly staff and supported by volunteers.
In Suffolk we provide:
• Community based Hearing Aid Clinics, for general maintenance, repairs and dispensing.
• Social clubs for people with a dual sensory loss
• Social clubs for people who are hard of hearing
• Community Lipreading Classes to adults
Hearing Aid Clinics:
We are proud to support NHS Audiology Teams by holding clinics around the County to help patients and carers maintain and use their hearing aids, close to home.
Our Clubs provide interesting and stimulating activities for people with hearing and sight loss.
Encouraging well-being and independence.
Relaxed and enjoyable, our classes teach adults to lip-read, aiding communication, increasing confidence and supporting independence.
The Charity is looking for someone to be part of our dynamic, focused team helping to deliver our Countywide Support Services.
• Plan and run regular Social Groups providing a wide range of activities, to interest and stimulate the well-being of the club members.
• To practice in Hearing Aid Clinics offering a high-quality repair and maintenance service.
• To use our data system to maintain records whilst out in the field. Full training will be given.
• Some office based duties will be included, commensurate with the role.
Qualifications and experience:
• Experience dealing with members of the public, ideally in group settings (preferable)
• Good basic education to high GCSE standard
• Effective communicator
• Team player as well as able to demonstrate initiative
• Hearing aid experience (preferable, training will be given)
• Full, clean UK driving licence (pool car provided) (Essential)
Suffolk Hearing Advisory Service is a Registered Charity No.1063430
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.00 per hour
To apply or discuss further please email firstname.lastname@example.org